Monday, February 7, 2011

Internet Security and You

Many people go about their day thinking they are secure from all the harmful things on the web. Unknown to most people, computer security is never a guarantee. By not taking the right precautions you may become exposed to viruses, worms, Identity Theft and much more.
I use my computer on a daily basis and am at risk, however I take measures to protect myself by making sure I have the proper software installed and by making sure I don't fall for any suspicious links/scams on the internet. I have much to risk ranging from my video game accounts to personal information such as my Angel account and  banking information.
If I ever did become a victim of a scam on the internet, the first step would be to secure yourself so you don't fall even further into trouble.  You can do this by changing your passwords, running your anti-virus program to detect threats on your computer and by cancelling your credit cards if necessary.
Threats on the internet are no joke and should not be taken lightly. They are extremely dangerous and can lead to much trouble and hardships if not prevented/dealt with corrrectlty and in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment