Sunday, April 10, 2011

CyberWatch & You

CyberWatch is an organization that is built around educating as many people they can about computer information.  One way they do this is by posting challenges or competitions for college students such as myself and allow us to create informational projects that we can submit into the competition, these projects can range from slideshows, to interactive flash videos. I think this is a great idea for an organization to do, it makes students work harder on the projects and dig deeper into information and they are bound to find out new and interesting things, that they themselves or possibly even the teacher didn't even know.  
CyberWatch and their competitions can be found at:  http://www.cyberwatchcenter.org/

I decided for my project that i'm going to be doing Computer Security, mostly because I know much about the subject because I have been taking two semesters here at NCC for computer programming ,so I have a strong base for the project which will allow me to look into deeper aspects of computer security such as which aspect of a computers operating system programming is most susceptible to hackers/viruses and how they are patched.
Some resources that I am possibly going to be using consist of articles of world famous viruses and how it worked and effected the world, how to prevent viruses, how to remove viruses, what are Bot-Nets, what the difference is between a virus, worm and a other bad programs.

This project is a great way for us the students to take it upon ourselves to learn more about the pat of the course that we found most interesting. Because of this it allows students more free thought and creativity in their field of student that they think is the strongest, which in itself will make for more informative projects and presentations.

1 comment:

  1. Watch for the opening of the 2012 contest sometime this fall so you can submit your project. I plan to send a reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete